Read how TravelNest has helped Ballylinny Holiday Cottages expand thanks to better visibility, improved listing performance and streamlined day-to-day management.
Optimising listings at
Ballylinny Holiday Cottages
- Ballylinny Holiday Cottages are situated a stone’s throw from the Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage site on the north coast of Northern Ireland.
- Established in the 1990s with just a few properties, Ballylinny has grown to comprise eight traditional whitewashed cottages and two modern barn loft apartments.
- Owner Alan is supported in the day-to-day running of Ballylinny by Claire and Rachel.
All of Ballylinny’s bookings were previously managed by Claire and Rachel via two channels, their Booking.com listing and the Ballylinny Cottages website. As the business grew, this was becoming an increasingly time-consuming and manual process. The team spent a lot of time going through bookings, correcting errors and updating multiple calendars. This was reducing the time they were able to spend with guests.
The hardest thing was keeping on top of everything. It’s quite a tension because you don’t want to be behind a computer all the time. That’s always a challenge when you are manning things by yourself.
The Ballylinny team were keen to expand the reach of the business to increase revenue. They wanted Ballylinny to be visible to a much wider audience, and attract more international bookings. However, they were unsure of the best way to achieve this.
How TravelNest helped
Since joining TravelNest in 2018, Ballylinny has seen a number of improvements across the business:
With TravelNest, Ballylinny Holiday Cottages are now listed on Airbnb, TripAdvisor, HomeAway and TUI.
Easier day-to-day management
The day-to-day running of the business has become much quicker and smoother. TravelNest eliminates much of the previous manual effort, so Alan and the team can focus on what’s most important - the guest experience at Ballylinny.
The calendar synchronisation and automatic updates across all of Ballylinny’s properties provide a clear overview of booking status in real time. It also reduces anxiety about potential double bookings and saves time.
TravelNest worked closely with Ballylinny and made a number of targeted recommendations to optimise their listings. This aimed to showcase each of the 10 properties in the best possible way. This included:
- Amending titles and re-writing descriptions
- Organising professional photography - image score improved from 15% to 100%.
- Reviewing pricing compared to local competition
- Advising on calendar flexibility - booking flexibility score has improved from 0.38 to 0.64
"TravelNest’s knowledge and expertise helped us create better profiles for our properties to make them more appealing, and improve our occupancy rates."
Claire, Ballylinny Holiday Cottages
Ballylinny’s properties now appear far higher in search results on key booking sites. This increased visibility is having a positive impact on occupancy rates, with total bookings continuing to increase.
Our occupancy has increased since using TravelNest, they’ve given us exposure to more guests and more sites. We are getting more bookings through different sites that we weren’t using before.